The AVANTE V was custom designed for her owner to comfortably accommodate eight guests in four very nice staterooms, each with private adjoining "en-suite" baths, with an additional Study/Office/Guest Cabin with "en-suite" bath on the main deck, bringing the total guest sleeping accommodations to ten. AVANTE V sleeps up to eight crew in three cabins with three baths, plus an additional washbasin in the crew area. The private Captain's cabin is located behind the wheelhouse on the upper deck with a double berth.
The yacht is very unique in that she has two "Owner's" or "VIP" Suites, one on the Main Deck forward with a king-size bed on the centerline, and one below just slightly aft of mid-ship's, encompassing the full-width of the vessel.
This magnificent Canoe Stern Feadship with walk-around decks features one of the finest Main Deck layouts of any Feadship ever built.
Besides the VIP(Owner's) Suite forward, there is a large study and/or guest Cabin, a full pantrywith on deck breakfast bar, and a large main salon with adjoining dining room and large well thought out open aft deck, described below. Starting aft is the Aft Deck, which is open but can be enclosed with teak and glass wing doors and clear Eisenglass windows. A large built-in settee which seats ten makes the aft deck ideal for dining "al-fresco" in any climate. There are port and stbd teak cabinets flanking the doorway into teh saloon. A full overhead provides complete shelter, with direct and indirect lighting. There are teak decks and a large teak storage closet for deck gear, a beautiful teak dining table, and two teak and glass side-sliding doors into the main salon forward.
The Main Salon features eight large "picture" windows (four on each side), two are opening "drop" windows. There is a lounge area with two built-in sofas, a cocktail table and a full entertainment system with built-in color television.
The Dining Room is in the forward part of the main salon, but nicely separated. The dining table is elegant with a double column teak base. This table comfortably seats eight, and extends to seat ten. There is a buffet cabinet which houses china and silver on the port side, across from another buffet cabinet housing the yacht's elaborate stereo system. The main salon is richly decorated in oak wood, stained to a rich walnut color, with a particularly rich but light, bright and airy feeling, due to the size of the large "picture" windows.
The Pantry-Bar is a particularly unique feature and the owners and their guests have enjoyed it immensely over the years. It is amidships with a crescent shaped bar with five bar stools with a full wet bar behind , with Sub-Zero refrigerator, four-burner electric stove top, microwave oven and double stainless steel sink.
The Pantry-Bar is ideal for casual breakfast service, afternoon cocktails or before dinner drinks.
It is an inviting area and truly one of the outstanding and uniquely innovative design features of the AVANTE V.
The On-Deck VIP(or Owner's) Suite features a large walk-in wardrobe closet, a built-in writing desk with leather chair and work lamp, two nightstands with four large drawers (each) and reading lights, separate air-conditioning and ship's phone system. There is a 42" Flat Panel TV with DVD/VCR player. There is a landline telephone as well as a Sat COM, five large "picture" windows (two are "drop", opening windows) and direct and indirect lighting. This Suite also features a centre-line walk-around king-size bed with storage beneath and an adjoining bath "en-suite", with stall shower and double mirrored medicine cabinets over the custom built vanity and washbasin. The motif of this stateroom is again very traditional, but features extremely beautiful, rich, dark, finely matched Rose wood, with black painted trim. This is a very nice stateroom with excellent headroom.
Just aft of the On-Deck VIP suite is the Study/Office. This beautiful room was designed to double as a fifth stateroom, as it is large and has a nice adjoining bath with full-size stall shower. (Note: The bath is also accessible from the yacht's main passageway and doubles as an On-Deck Powder Room). There is an oversized single bed. As a study, office or a Guest Stateroom, the area is very comfortable, quiet and light, with two large picture windows (one is a "drop", opening window). There is a large built-in teak desk with leather-upholstered chair with four large drawers and four smaller drawers and a nice size bookcase. There is also a built-in nightstand, with reading lamp and several drawers (near the bed) and a full-size wardrobe locker. Additional storage is under the bed. The decor is pleasant, with beautiful inlaid teak, matching Dutch joinery work and earth tone fabrics.
The lower deck Owner's Suite is exceptionally large and features a king size walk-around bed, a full size bath with tub and shower, two wardrobe closets, a convertible sofa with reading lamp, two occasional chairs with conversation table, a built-in vanity with matching stool, separate air-conditioning, two phones, two night stands, ample drawers for storage and four large portholes. There is a 42" Flat Panel TV with DVD/VCR player. The motif of this "Owner's" Suite is light and traditional with white painted oak walls, light pastel fabrics and white painted wood
trim and overhead.
In the companionway going aft there are double closets with wine racks for 65bottles/each. There are two additional Guest Staterooms below aft and in the same accommodation area of the yacht as the Owner's "Suite". All the way aft is a full-width double stateroom with two built-in lower outboard single berths with storage beneath, two wardrobe lockers, four portholes and an adjoining bath "en-suite" with stall shower. There is a Flat Panel TV with DVD/VCR
player. This stateroom is finely finished in rich dark teak in the finest Feadship tradition.
Just forward down the central line-line passageway (below deck hallway) is the fourth Guest Stateroom on the port side. This stateroom also features two twin lower berths, one wardrobe locker, a night stand with reading lights and a private adjoining bath "en-suite" with stall shower. There is a Flat Panel TV with DVD/VCR player. The decor in this stateroom is light and bright with painted walls with yellow trim and matching upholstery.
The Crew's Quarters are extremely well thought out. The Main Galley is below in this area, with crew lounge with large "U" Shaped settee for crew dining opposite. Icemaker, sink, refrigerator, color television and entertainment system with VCR/DVD player and AM/FM stereo compliment the crew area.
There are two Crew Cabins; one is full-width and sleeps four in outboard upper and lower bunks, with a two-sided bath (shower and wash basin on one side, toilet and wash basin on the other). The other crew cabin also has upper/lower bunk beds (outboard) and a private bath with stall shower. Under the forward crew cabin is an abundant dry storage area.
Wheelhouse with Portuguese Bridge forward.
The Captain's Cabin is located directly aft of the wheelhouse, and features a double berth, large built-in desk with five-drawers and a cabinet, book and log racks, built-in dresser with four drawers, a double wardrobe locker, locking nightstand, two large windows and a large walk-in bathroom with stall shower. There is a Flat Panel TV with DVD/VCR player.
Aft of the Captain's Cabin, outside is the sundeck: fully laid teak deck with a comfortable seating area aft. After the tenders are launched, the entire area becomes a sunning and conversation area with seating in large comfortable teak chairs. Sun protection is provided by a full length removable awning.
MAIN DECK PANTRY
• Stainless steel counter tops and splash backs
• Hatco food warmer
• Cleveland Steam Craft Ultra III food steamer
• Lang 6-burner stove top electric with oven
• Lang broiler
• Lang griddle
• Discharge blower with fire suppression system
• Double stainless steel sink with in sink disposal
• Kenmore/Elite stainless steel dishwasher, model 76X8
• Cospolich 4-door stainless steel refrigerator with external temperature gauges
• Two (2) sub-zero stainless steel, model 700, refrigerator drawers
• Granite and Corian counter tops
• Two (2) stainless steel sinks with disposal
• Whirlpool microwave / convection oven
• Whirlpool 4-burner stove top
• Sub-zero under counter refrigerator
• Sub-zero two (2) freezer drawers
• Whirlpool icemaker
• Miele, model G605C, dishwasher
• Astoria automatic Expresso Machine
PANTRY / LAUNDRY ROOM
• Corian counter top with stainless steel sink
• Sharp Carousel microwave oven
• KitchenAid ice cube maker
• Bunn coffee maker
• Sub- zero under counter Kenmore refrigerator
ELECTRONICS AND NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
• Two (2) Miele, model T1520, clothes dryers
• Two (2) Whirlpool Ultimate Care II washing machines
• Cospolich 4-door stainless steel freezer with external temperature gauge
• Furuno FR7112 radar with ARPA(2007)
• Furuno FAR 2137BB S Band Radar with ARPA (2007)
• Furuno FCV 585 color sounder
• B&G Hydra
• Robertson AP9 MK3 autopilot
• Furuno Sat compass
• Datamarine depthsounder
• Datamarine speed, temp, compass, wind
• Furuno GP 32 GPS
• Furuno FS 1503 SSB
• Furuno NX 500 Navtex reciever
• Sea 156 VHF
• Sea 157 VHF
• Mini M Sat Phone
• Plath Gryocompass
• Transis ECTIS chartplotter
• Nobeltec chartplotter (2007)
• JRC AIS System (2007)
• Seatel 4006 Wavecall VSAT (2007)
• Seatel 4003 TV receiver (2007)
• Koblet Electronic Engine Controls (2007)
• Wireless high speed internet
• Shore power is 100 amp with one (1) 50KVA Atlas 3-phase converter
• 208/120VAC three phase @ 60 Hertz
• 24VDC and 12VDC
• One (1) Caterpillar 3304 generator - 6,900 hours and One (1) Northern Lights generator - 4,200 hours
• Two (2) port engine batteries (24VDC)
• Two (2) stbrd engine batteries (24VDC)
• Two (2) generator batteries (24VDC)
• Two (2) service / emergency batteries (24VDC)
• Two (2) radio batteries (24VDC)
SAFETY AND SECURITY EQUIPMENT
• Aqua Air Alpha Series air conditioning
• Chilled water type with reverse cycle for heating
• Engines: Caterpillar D-346TA 610 HP
• Engine hours: Stbd: 6310 hrs. Port: 5623 hrs.
• Twin (2) Caterpillar 3304 Generators with sound
* Generator hours: Stbd 5352 hrs. Port 7031 hrs.
• Two (2) 60 gallon per hour FCI Dolphin series watermakers
• Schottel 25HP bow thruster
• Vosper 14 sq. ft. stabilizers
• Tenfjord hydraulic steering
• Alpha Laval fuel polishing system
• Royal Fox Marine Sanitation Device
• All windows 10 mm polished safety glass
• Three (3) Kidde CO2, 75 pound, fire extinguisher for engine room with manual remote.
• 5 pound fire extinguisher located in master stateroom, guest staterooms, crew's quarters,
galley, pantry-bar, wheelhouse and captain's cabin.
• Two (2) 16-Man solas life rafts
• Two (2) 406 MHz EPIRBS
• Two (2) 12 inch Perko searchlights
• Full fireman suit and breathing gear
• Portable fire / foam generator
• Portable emergency fire pump
• Thomas Reid 6HP windlass
• Hydraulic davit aft for crew tender (2007)
• Two (2) NECO Marine Hydraulic davits
• Two (2) vertical retractable 3 phase capstans on aft deck
TENDERS AND TOYS
• Stainless steel sink and wood cabinet
• 2007 A B Inflatable 11 ft. RIB with 20HP 4 stroke Yamaha and own hydraulic launch davit
• 2007 A B Inflatable 19 ft. RIB with 150HP 4 stroke Yamaha
• Bauer / Clark CY55 Dive Compressor, Cascade & Multi bottle filling system
The AVANTE V is likely the finest 120' Classic canoe stern Feadship Motor Yacht. Made even nicer by her recent refit in 2007.
AVANTE V was a Fritz De Voogt custom design and a DeVries custom built ocean-going vessel, specifically designed for comfort and seaworthiness for an owner insisting on perfection.
Caterpillar machinery provides dependable and economical power and the vessel is extremely well built and equipped, and has been maintained to the highest yachting standards.