Constant updates have been performed to this Classic Merritt over the past 5 years.
• Rewired the electronics, all done by Commercial Marine in Florida at Merritt's.
• Added a Furuno 511 NAVpilot autopilot unit, which integrates with the Navnet system.
• Added lightweight, high-performance Glacier Bay Ultra dB acoustic insulation panels in the engine room.
• Added Volvo QL series trim tabs. These are ultra low-profile trim tabs that operate like little fins that go down vertically - they don't have any "pad" sticking out the back like ordinary tabs. The boat does not need them, but they are there and they do not interfere with fishing lines like traditional trim tabs.
• Installed a galvanic isolator unit to protect the boat from galvanic corrosion while connected to shore power.
• Electric reel hookups for kite reels hidden under both sides of the cockpit combing.
• Replaced the batteries.
• Replaced salt water pumps, port and starboard
• Replaced port transmission cooler
• Installed a Dometic CDMW07 microwave flush mounted at the forward end of the kitchenette.
• Stripped bottom paint, resealed and painted. Maintained annually.
• Rebuilt the forward opening window, which leaked.
• Replaced the starboard window, which was cracked.
• Merritt built a new custom enclosure that hides all the controls on the fly bridge, including the radio, VHF, autopilot, etc.
• Added dual FloScan fuel flow rate indicators for both engines.
• Added a quick kill switch for the stereo system on the boat at the flybridge helm.
• Installed additional pairs of PolyPlanar MA5500 marine speakers for the stereo system on the flybridge and in the cockpit, along with a Clarion marine amplifier unit to power the stereo system. Speakers and grills are Awlgrip white to match the boat.
• Added iPod stereo hookup in flybridge and in salon.
• Installed dimmers for the AC lighting in the salon.
• Installed independent volume control zones for volume on stereo in salon, cockpit and flybridge.
• Installed Ethernet and onboard Wi-Fi system for boat
• Installed Ethernet connectivity to Navnet so you can use a computer program like Maxsea and load courses into NavNet from a PC onboard.
• Replace starboard and port engine coolant tubes.